The EL296V uses a variable speed motor that reduces electrical use by two-thirds, compared to a standard motor. Plus, two stages of heating minimize temperature swings, so you can save on utility bills without sacrificing comfort.
- Efficiency rating of 96% AFUE can save you hundreds of dollars each year*, compared to standard furnaces.
- ENERGY STARÂ®Â qualifiedÂ which means the furnace meets or exceeds U.S. federal guidelines for energy efficiency.
- Variable-speed motorÂ provides a quiet and consistent flow of air for an ideal balance of temperature and humidity in your home.
- Ultra-low continuous fan speed provides a quiet, constant flow of air and optimizes indoor air quality accessories.
- This product is tax credit eligible under the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012. Please consult your tax expert for full details.
- Efficiency rating of 96%Â AFUEÂ â€”can save you hundreds of dollars each year*, compared to standard furnaces
- ENERGY STARÂ® qualifiedâ€”meets or exceeds EPA guidelines for energy efficiency
- Dual-fuelÂ capabilityâ€”can be combined with an electric heat pump to enhance comfort and fuel efficiency by alternating between electric and gas heat, optimizing energy use and minimizing heating costs
- Variable speed blower motorâ€”provides a quiet, consistent flow of air for enhanced comfort, efficiency and humidity control
- Robust stainless steel secondary heat exchangerâ€”allows the furnace to achieve high efficiency levels by capturing additional heat
- icomfortâ„¢-enabled technologyâ€”allows the furnace, when installed with the easy-to-use programmableÂ icomfort Wi-FiÂ® thermostat, to exchange information and make adjustments as needed to optimize performance**
- SilentComfortâ„¢ Technologyâ€”delivers the ultimate in quiet, consistent heating
- Special sound-absorbing insulationâ€”further reduces sound for quiet operation
- Durable steel cabinetâ€”made to last with an attractive, high-qulaity textured paint finish
- Two-stage, gas valveâ€”works with the variable speed motor to match furnace output to household heating needs
- Enhanced humidity controlâ€”runs at different speeds to precisely control the flow of heated and cooled air throughout your home
- Secondary heat exchangerâ€”allows the furnace to achieve high efficiency levels by capturing additional heat
- Low-speed fanâ€”provides a consistent, continuous flow of warm air
- Duralok PlusÂ® heat exchangerâ€”made of patented ArmorTufâ„¢ steel to ensure high reliability and efficiency
- SureLightÂ® igniterâ€”silicone nitride construction ensures long product life and reliable operation
- SureLight control boardâ€”controls furnace operation to ensure high reliability and efficiency
- Multi-position modelsÂ available
Lifetime Limited Warranty on heat exchanger.
5-Year Limited Warranty on covered components.
This product may be eligible for valuableÂ 10-Year Limited Extended WarrantyÂ coverage.
*This chart depicts potential energy savings you can expect from the SLP98V furnace, versus older furnaces with lower efficiency ratings. Criteria used in this example are 2,000 full-load heating hours, with a 60,000 Btuh heating design load and $1.368 ccf for gas. Your actual savings may vary, depending on the weather patterns in your local area, local fuel rates and your individual lifestyle.
**icomfort Wi-FiÂ® Touchscreen thermostat must be installed with an icomfort-enabled indoor unit for maximum performance.
AFUE: Stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. The AFUE number represents how efficiently a furnace converts fuel to energy. The higher the AFUE percentage, the more energy-efficient or fuel-efficient the furnace. The U.S. governmentâ€™s established minimum AFUE rating for a furnace is 78 percent.
Dual Fuel: Get the best of both types of energy sources when they are most efficientâ€”electricity and gas. What makes this system so ideal is that it seamlessly alternates between the two energy sources, depending on outdoor conditions. A heat pump functions as both a heating and cooling system, reducing gas fuel consumption. On extra cold days, the gas furnace becomes the primary heat source making it the most efficient energy source.