EXCEL Chimney is Certified to Withstand Chimney Fires
- EXCEL is tested and listed to the ULC S-629 chimney standard. The ULC standard is generally considered the toughest residential chimney standard in the world. The USA standard requires the chimney to withstand three 10-minute 2100°F chimney fires. The Canadian standard requires the chimney to withstand three 30-minute chimney fires, three times longer than the USA.
- EXCEL is the only 1 inch wall insulated chimney to pass the ULC standard.
- EXCEL’s unique thermoplus insulation has an extremely high insulating value that helps to keep flue gasses hot. Creosote won’t condense in a hot flue.
- EXCEL is the lightest weight insulated chimney of its kind on the market. This low thermal mass enables it to heat up quickly, reducing creosote formation. And EXCEL’s light weight helps make it the easiest chimney to install.
- EXCEL incorporates continuous blanket insulation into a design which eliminates couplings between lenghts. This means there are no hot spots on the outside, or cool spots on the inside.
The EXCEL insulated stainless steel chimney is suitable for use on appliances that burn wood, oil, coal, gas and charcoal and comes in 5”, 6”, 7” & 8” diameters.
Insulated Length (EL)
EXCEL chimney lengths are available in 48”, 24”, 18”, 12” & 6” lengths. To determine the installed length deduct 1 1/2” from the overall length.
Insulated Adjustable Length (ELA18)
This unique part enables an installer to adjust the system to the exact overall length required for any installation. The most common applications for the adjustable length are: – Between elbows so that any required centre-to-centre offset can be achieved. – When it is necessary to balance the chimney height so that the caps line up for functional or aesthetic reasons. – When a specific horizontal offset is required. The adjustable length must be installed above a straight chimney length. It will not adjust into an elbow or tee. – Adjustable lengths must be installed above a fixed length or they will not be adjustable. If they are installed immediately above a support, tee or elbow they will not adjust. To determine the installed length deduct 1 1/2” from the overall length.