Imagine a furnace that not only makes you feel perfectly comfortable, but will make you feel even better about your decision month after month. That’s the power of the SLP98V, which uses exclusive Precise Comfort technology to significantly reduce your heating costs.
- Efficiency rating of up to 98.2% AFUE can save you over $800 dollars each year*, compared to standard furnaces.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified which means the furnace meets or exceeds U.S. federal guidelines for energy efficiency.
- This product has been designated as one of the Most Efficient ENERGY STAR qualified products in 2013. Products that are recognized as the Most Efficient of ENERGY STAR in 2013 prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting rigorous energy efficiency performance levels set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Precise Comfort technology adjusts fan speed, heat and airflow capacity in increments as small as 1% for the ultimate in temperature control.
- Variable-capacity operation works much like the cruise control system of high-performance automobiles, automatically making adjustments as necessary to allow maximum fuel efficiency.
- Variable-speed motor provides a quiet and consistent flow of air for an ideal balance of temperature and humidity in your home.
- SilentComfort technology delivers the ultimate in quiet, consistent heating up to 7 times quieter than competitive models.
- This product is tax credit eligible under the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012. Please consult your tax expert for full details.
- The quietest high-efficiency furnace you can buy1!
- Efficiency rating of up to 98.2% AFUE can save you over $800 dollars each year*, compared to standard furnaces
- ENERGY STAR® qualified meets or exceeds EPA guidelines for energy efficiency
This product has been designated as one of the Most Efficient ENERGY STAR qualified products in 2013. Products that are recognized as the Most Efficient of ENERGY STAR in 2013 prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting rigorous energy efficiency performance levels set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Self-calibrating variable speed inducer automatically adjusts to match the system requirements, ensuring cleaner combustion and efficient operation
- Stainless Steel secondary heat exchanger has a robust, time-tested design that captures waste heat, allowing the furnace to achieve industry-leading efficiency levels
- Dual-fuel capability can be combined with an electric heat pump to enhance comfort and fuel efficiency by alternating between electric and gas heat, optimizing energy use and minimizing heating costs
- icomfort enabled technology allows the furnace, when installed with the easy-to-use programmable icomfort Wi-Fi® thermostat, to exchange information and make adjustments as needed to optimize performance and efficiency**
- The quietest high-efficiency furnace you can buy1!
SilentComfort technology delivers the ultimate in quiet, consistent heating up to 7 times quieter than competitive models.
- Variable speed blower motor provides a quiet, consistent flow of air for enhanced comfort, efficiency and humidity control
- Fully insulated cabinet patented noise-reducing construction further minimizes operating sound to an industry-leading low level
- Precise Comfort technology automatically adjusts fan speed, heat and airflow capacity in increments as small as 1% for the ultimate in temperature control
- AirFlex technology offers custom settings which can be selected to meet each home’s specific year-round comfort requirements
- Zoning-compatible design works with Lennox’ iharmony zoning system to deliver the right amount of comfort for up to four zones
- Variable-capacity operation goes beyond typical low and high two-stage operation, varying output from 35% to 100%
- Duralok Plus heat exchanger made of patented ArmorTuf steel to ensure high reliability and efficiency
- SureLight® igniter silicone nitride construction ensures long product life and reliable operation
- SureLight control board (icomfort compatable)controls all furnace operations to ensure high reliability and efficiency. Direct-readout diagnostics for simple, quick troubleshooting
Lifetime Limited Warranty on heat exchanger.
5-Year Limited Warranty on covered components.
1. The quietest high-efficiency furnace you can buy (SLP98V)
Based on sound pressure levels during steady-state, high-fire and low-fire operation of Lennox SLP98VUH070V36B and leading competitive units as of March 2010 at mid-point temperature rise and minimum external static pressure when set up per Section 4.4.4 of AHRI 260 – 2012. Efficiency ratings of all SLP98V models established per test standard: ANSI/ASHRAE 103-2007.
*This chart depicts potential energy savings you can expect from the SLP98V furnace, versus older furnaces with lower efficiency ratings. Criteria used in this example are 2,000 full-load heating hours, with a 60,000 Btuh heating design load and $1.368 ccf for gas. Your actual savings may vary, depending on the weather patterns in your local area, local fuel rates and your individual lifestyle.
**icomfort Wi-FiÂ® Touchscreen thermostat must be installed with an icomfort-enabled indoor unit for maximum performance.
AFUE: Stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. The AFUE number represents how efficiently a furnace converts fuel to energy. The higher the AFUE percentage, the more energy-efficient or fuel-efficient the furnace. The U.S. government™s established minimum AFUE rating for a furnace is 78 percent.
Dual Fuel: Get the best of both types of energy sources when they are most efficientâ€”electricity and gas. What makes this system so ideal is that it seamlessly alternates between the two energy sources, depending on outdoor conditions. A heat pump functions as both a heating and cooling system, reducing gas fuel consumption. On extra cold days, the gas furnace becomes the primary heat source making it the most efficient energy source.