Exceptional home comfort and money-saving performance are yours with the XP16. Advanced two-stage technology uses only the energy necessary to cool your home and heat it when required, so you’ll always feel just right. Enhanced efficiency can also mean added savings on monthly utility bills.
- Efficiency rating of up to 16.50 SEER / 9.50 HSPFÂ can save you hundreds of dollars each year*, compared to a standard heat pump.
- ENERGY STARÂ® qualifiedÂ which means it meets or exceeds EPA guidelines for energy efficiency.
- Two-stage scroll compressorÂ operates at low stage most of the time for quieter, more efficient performance.
- Precision-balanced direct-drive fanÂ delivers ultra-quiet operation with a patent-pending fan design.
- This product is tax credit eligible under the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012. Please consult your tax expert for full details.
- Efficiency ratings of up to 16.50Â SEERÂ and 9.50Â HSPFâ€”can save you hundreds of dollars a year, compared to a standard heat pump
- ENERGY STARÂ® qualifiedâ€”meets or exceeds EPA guidelines for energy efficiency
- High-efficiency outdoor coilâ€”provides exceptional heat transfer and low air resistance for high-efficiency operation
- Dual-fuelÂ capabilityâ€”can be combined with a gas furnace to enhance comfort and fuel efficiency by alternating between electric and gas heat, optimizing energy use and minimizing heating costs
- Sound levels as low as 74 dBâ€”much quieter than a standard heat pump
- Precision-balanced direct-drive fanâ€”delivers ultra-quiet operation with a patented-pending fan design
- Dependable scroll compressorâ€”provides smooth, efficient and reliable operation
- Designed to work with theÂ HumiditrolÂ®Â whole-home dehumidification system**
- Chlorine-freeÂ R-410AÂ refrigerantâ€”provides exceptional comfort without exacting a costly environmental toll
- PermaGuardâ„¢ Cabinetâ€”heavy-gauge, galvanized steel construction, louver coil guard, baked-on powder finish and durable zinc-coated steel base provide long-lasting protection against rust and corrosion.
- SmartHingeâ„¢ louver designâ€”allows quick, easy access to interior components from all sides for cleaning and maintenance. Protects coils from damage and provides clean appearance.
- Drainage holesâ€”prevent damaging moisture from collecting inside the basepan.
10-Year Limited Warranty on compressor.
5-Year Limited Warranty on covered components.
This product may be eligible for valuableÂ 10-Year Limited Extended Warranty coverage.
*This chart compares the 5-year savings you can expect from a 16.00 SEER/9.50 HSPF heat pump vs. existing equipment with a 10.00 SEER/6.80 HSPF rating and industry-standard equipment with a 13.00 SEER/7.70 HSPF rating. The region used to calculate household fuel and utility costs reflect a cross-section of cities in the U.S. In addition to geography, cooling costs are based on 3-ton capacity specifications for DOE heating region 4, with 800 cooling hours, 2,250 heating hours per year and 11.62 cents per KWh (Source: EIA National average electric rate-Rolling 12 months ending July 2009). Your actual costs will vary depending on the weather, local fuel rates, system settings and your personal lifestyle.
**Must be accompanied by either a variable speed air handler or furnace and the ComfortSenseÂ® 7000 Series touchscreen thermostat.
SEER:Â The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio is a cooling efficiency rating for air conditioners. The higher the SEER, the better the energy performance, the more you save.
HSPF:Â The Heating Seasonal Performance Factor measures the efficiency of a heat pump. The U.S. government’s established minimum HSPF ratings for heat pump is 6.8%. The higher the percentage the more efficiently the unit operates.
R-410A Refrigerant: A chlorine-free refrigerant that meets the EPA’s newest, most stringent environmental guidelines.